We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Read more…
Spilsby Rural District

Spilsby Rural District

Spilsby, PE23 5, United Kingdom

Get Directions

Add phone number

Add link to website

Work hours Add information
Description Spilsby was a rural district in Lincolnshire, parts of Lindsey from 1894 to 1974.It was created by the Local Government Act 1894 from the Spilsby rural sanitary district. Due to growth in other areas, it was reduced three times: in 1896 when Alford was constituted an urban district; in 1925 when the civil parish of Sutton in the Marsh became part of Mablethorpe and Sutton Urban District; and in 1926, when the neighbouring Skegness Urban District was extended. In 1936 a County Review Order enlarged the district when it absorbed the former Sibsey Rural District.It survived until 1974. Under the Local Government Act 1972, it was merged with other districts to form the new East Lindsey district.