St. Augustine’s College is an all-male academic institution in Cape Coast, Ghana. The school started at Amissano, a village near Elmina, in 1930. The Roman Catholic institution was established to serve as a training college and seminary. The school was named after St. Augustine of Hippo (354 – 430 AD). The motto of the college is Omnia Vincit Labor, meaning "Perseverance conquers All".HistorySt. Augustine's is the first catholic institution in the training of male teachers. It is also the first catholic second cycle school (senior high school) to be built in Gold Coast, (now Ghana). St. Augustine’s College is the biggest catholic senior high school in Ghana to date. The college ground and playing fields cover an area of about 1.30 acres. It is bounded by Fosu Lagoon/Adisadel Estates to the North, St. Augustine’s Practice J.H.S., the Catholic Education Unit and Archbishop’s House to the West, the Cape Coast metropolitan Hospital and part of the Fosu Lagoon to the East and the Atlantic Ocean to the South. It is about 1.8 km from Cape Coast Town Hall (Bakaano) and about 2.3 km from the West gate of University of Cape Coast. The school has a student population of about 1,900 and a faculty number of about 90.On 6 August 1933, the Roman Catholic Church and the Bishop of Cape Coast Vicariate Monsignor W. T. Porter felt the need to have a separate Roman Catholic school and Cape Coast was found to be the most suitable location. A commemorative foundation stone was laid in late 1935 at the present site. Fr. Maurice B. Kelly, the Dean of the Training College at Amissano, became the first Head Dean or Headmaster.