St John the Baptist church is a C of E church in Bamford in the Hope Valley, Derbyshire, England.HistoryThe building that is seen today is largely a William Butterfield restoration dating from 1860, with a bell tower. The new church was consecrated on 17 October 1860 by the Bishop of Lichfield.Parish statusThe church is in a joint parish with St Michael and All Angels' Church, Hathersage.OrganA pipe organ was built by Albert Keates of Sheffield. It was rebuilt and extended in 1958 by T.C. Wilcock of Sheffield. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.The Bells and TowerA peal of six bells was provided at the rebuilding in 1860 by Naylor, Vickers and Co of Sheffield. The tower currently has six ringable bells, cast in 1998 by John Taylor & Co to mark the Millennium. The modern bells have sprung metal stays instead of wooden ones. The Treble weighs 1 hundredweight 3 quarters and 12lb (94.4 kg). The tenor weighs 1 hundredweight and 26lb (215.2 kg). The bellringers practice on Wednesdays.