St John the Evangelist's Church is in Church Square in the village of Worsthorne, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Burnley, the archdeaconry of Burnley, and the diocese of Blackburn. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building.HistoryThe church was built in 1834–35 to a design by Lewis Vulliamy, and the chancel was added in 1894 by W. B. Colbram. In 1903–04 the Lancaster architects Austin and Paley built the west tower, and removed old vestries at the west end extending the seating. Financial contributions to all stages of the building were made by the local colliery-owning families of Hargreaves and Thursby. The chapelry district of Saint John, Worsthorne was assigned in 1843. The galleries were removed in 1902, followed by the internal plasterwork in 1929. The interior of the church was partitioned in 1973 to make rooms in two storeys at the west end.