|About||Honoring and Saluting our Veterans!|
|Mission||The Veterans Services Office assists veterans and their dependents with applications for compensation, pensions, hospitalization and other benefits through an intake process that includes information and referral services. The Veterans Services Office works with the Department of Veterans Affairs and other nationally chartered veterans service organizations to ensure that veterans, their dependents and survivors receive their richly deserved entitlements.|
|Description||Serving those who've served.|
Stoney A Summey, Federal Accredited Veteran Service officer.
Rose Risko, Federal Accredited Veteran Service officer.
Services offered by the Veterans Services Office include the following:
• Informs veterans, dependents, and survivors of their eligibility for benefits payable through the Department of Veterans Affairs
• Assists in obtaining addresses for benefits payable through Social Security Administration or other government agencies
• Completes forms for benefits that may be payable through the Department of Veterans Affairs
• Completes forms and notifies the appropriate branch of service of the death of a retiree
• Informs survivors of procedures regarding military benefits
• Obtains supporting documents for claims by veterans, their spouses and dependents
• Records original discharges (DD214) with the County Clerk’s office