We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Read more…
St Martin's Church, Stoney Middleton

St Martin's Church, Stoney Middleton

Stoney Middleton, United Kingdom

Get Directions

Add phone number

Add link to website

Categories
Work hours Add information
Description St Martin’s Church, Stoney Middleton is a Grade II* listed parish church in the Church of England in Stoney Middleton, Derbyshire.HistoryThe church dates from the 15th century and was built by Joan Eyre to celebrate the safe return of her husband from the Battle of Agincourt. Following a serious fire in 1757, the main body of the church was rebuilt in 1759 in an octagonal form by James Paine.The church was restored in 1861 when the west gallery was removed, and a north vestry was added in 1880.Parish statusThe church is in a joint parish with All Saints’ Church, CurbarSt Giles' Church, LongstoneThe Good Shepherd Church, WardlowOrganThe church contains a pipe organ by Cousans Sons and Co dating from 1903. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.

Similar places nearby