St Mary's Church is an active Roman Catholic church along Birchley Road, Billinge, St Helens, Merseyside, England. Belonging to the archdiocese of Liverpool, the church was built in 1828, and extended later in that century. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building.HistorySt Mary's church was built in 1828, and the apse and presbytery were added in later in the 19th century.ArchitectureExteriorThe church is constructed in stone, and has a slate roof. Its plan consists of a three-bay nave with an apsidal chancel. The west end is pedimented and has three bays with a central doorway. This has a porch flanked by paired unfluted Doric columns above which is a frieze and a cornice. The outer bays contain round-headed windows with keystones. Above the porch and the windows are three rectangular panels. The gable contains a projecting panel with entwined initials, and it is surmounted by a bellcote. Along the sides of the church are round-headed windows with keystones, and panels above them. In the apse are round-headed lancet windows.