St. Nicholas' Church in Bratislava is an orthodox church situated on the castle hill next to the Bratislava Castle in Podhradie the historical part of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. The church was built in 1661 by Paul Pálffy‘s (1589–1655) widow Countess Frances, née Khuen (died 1672). It is an early baroque building built on the place of original Gothic church below the Bratislava Castle. The church is consecrated to St. Nicholas, the patron of sailors. His statue is situated in the stone niche above the main entrance to the church. The church is a protected cultural monument.HistoryArcheological research from the 1990s identified the remnants of an 11th century rotunda at the place of the current church building. It was partially destroyed in 1270s then rebuilt divided into two floors, the lower underground floor serving as an ossuary. The surroundings of the church contained a graveyard that was active until the end of the 18th century. Probably in the half of 14th century the one-nave church of St. Nicholas was constructed in the original gothic footprints, the direct predecessor of the current church building. The church was torn down in 1526 together with many other sacral buildings outside of the Bratislava city walls in preparation of a Turkish siege.