Startup Weekend is an event where like-minded entrepreneurs gather for a weekend of company creation. No talk, All action. Learn the "startup" process.
Startup Weekend is a global network of passionate leaders and entrepreneurs on a mission to inspire, educate, and empower individuals, teams and communities. Come share ideas, form teams, and launch startups.
Startup Weekends are 54-hour events designed to provide superior experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. The weekend events are centered on action, innovation, and education. Beginning with Friday night pitches and continuing through testing, business model development, and basic prototype creation, Startup Weekends culminate in Sunday night demos to a panel of potential investors and local entrepreneurs. Participants are challenged with building functional startups during the event and are able to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks.
Who you’ll meet at Startup Weekend:
Startup Weekends attendees’ backgrounds are roughly 50% technical (developers, coders, designers) and 50% business (marketing, finance, law). Twenty nine percent of Startup Weekend participants attend an event to network, 20% attend to develop/build a product, and 13% attend to learn how to create a new venture. Roughly 80% of attendees plan on continuing to work on their startup after the weekend.
What you’ll get out of the event:
• Education: Startup Weekends are all about learning, whether you’re learning a new skill or a new way of thinking. Don’t just listen to theory, build your own strategy and test it as you go.
• Co-Founder Dating: The people who come to Startup Weekend are serious about learning how to build and launch startups. Create relationships that last long past the weekend.
• Build Your Network: Startup Weekend works hard to recruit high-quality, driven entrepreneurs- like you!
• Learn New Skills: With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, Startup Weekends are prefect opportunities to work on a new platform, learn a new programming language, or give marketing a try. With nothing to lose there’s no reason not to step outside your comfort zone.
• Learn How to Launch a Business (and Actually Do It!): Startup Weekend is the epitome of LeanStartup Methodology.
• Mentorship: Local tech