Stettfurt is a municipality in the district of Frauenfeld in the canton of Thurgau in Switzerland.HistoryStettfurt is first mentioned in 827 as Stetivurt. Until 1817, it was part of the municipality of Matzingen. In the 9th Century, the Abbey of St. Gall owned property in Stettfurt. In 1228 Diethelm III. von Toggenburg gave Stettfurt to the Commandry of Tobel. The low court of Sonnenberg included Kalthäusern, Ruggenbühl and Stettfurt between the 13th Century until 1798.The village converted completely to the Reformed faith during the Protestant Reformation. It was part of the parish of Wängi until the church was built in 1746 and in 1752 the Stettfurt parish was created.Until the 19th Century agriculture in village operated on the Three-field system, along with fruit orchards and (until 1908) vineyards. Starting in 1850 livestock and dairy farming expanded into the village. A cheese factory opened in 1883. The distillery was founded in 1888. A cooperative, the Presshefefabrik Stettfurt, was established in 1902 and converted in 1946 into a corporation. The merger of the yeast factories of Hindelbank and Stettfurt in 1993 created Hefe Schweiz AG, which in 2010 had 32 employees and about 17 million francs in sales.