|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The ARVP Project is aimed to produce a modular, autonomous reconnaissance vehicle system with the intent of participating in the AUSVI SUAS Competition.|
The ARVP Project is aimed to produce a modular, autonomous reconnaissance vehicle system with the intent of participating in the Student Unmanned Autonomous System (SUAS) competition set forward and sponsored by the AUVSI (Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International) Seafarer Chapter. Primary focuses include the fabrication of the hardware of the modular vehicle hardware, implementation computer vision processing and positioning of the vehicle, and designing of the antenna signaling system. Following its creation, the modular vehicle package will compete in the SUAS competition which will focus on completing various mission tasks. The mission tasks are as follows:
- Autonomous flight tasks which will include a proof of concept in aerial takeoff and landing
- Search area tasks consisting of locating various targets and deciphering messages from various targets
- Autonomous detection, localization and classification task in which the team develops an algorithm to detect possible targets then localize a target in an airfield
- Actionable intelligence task by providing a summary of real time flight information
- Emergent target task consisting of locating a crash test dummy at an undisclosed location in an airfield
- Air drop tasks in which the aircraft must autonomously drop a payload at a designated area
- Sense, detect and avoid tasks where the aircraft must be able to avoid obstacles in the competition area autonomously
- A mechanical package enabling autonomous functionalities described within the Vision Processing and Antennae subsections.
- Enable limited reconfiguration and adjustment of functional components.
- Allow modular system to interface with and attach mechanically to both ground and air-based vehicles.