Women Infants and Children (WIC) - Stony Brook WIC Program is a supplemental food program for low-income pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to 5 years of age. The Stony Brook WIC Program prides itself on offering participant centered services to the families we serve.
WIC participants receive the following:
* Free supplemental food packages that may include: infant formula, baby foods (fruits, vegetables, meat, cereal), milk, yogurt, tofu, cheese, eggs, beans, peanut butter, juice, canned fish, cereal, bread, pasta, rice, tortillas and fresh fruits and vegetables.
* Nutrition education for prenatal and postpartum women.
* Nutrition education on how to feed infants and children for healthy growth and development.
* Help and support with breastfeeding.
* Immunization screening and referrals to health care providers and community resources.