|Work hours||Add information|
Sussex Services For Autism CIC are 'not for profit' community based service providing personalised support for individuals with ASC.
Views are our own.
'Promoting individuality by raising positive awareness of Autism and associatted conditions.
Creating inclusive environments based around individual needs; through person centred support and positive expectations.'
Our community support worker can support you according to your individual personal needs and in line with an outcome based support plan devised with you during the referral process. Some of the things we can support you with are:
• To access the community you live in – including places like the supermarket or the bank
• To support you at important meetings – including meetings like doctors appointments, interviews and various assessments
• Support to help you develop your confidence
• Support to help you manage any anxiety and/or sensory difficulties
• Support in your home to develop independent living skills, such as cooking and cleaning
• Support to help you develop interpersonal skills
• Support to help you gain a better understanding and acceptance of yourself
• Support to help you make some sense of the social world we all live in
• Support to develop and maintain meaningful relationships
• Support to access social activities and develop and maintain personal interests and hobbies
• Support to use public transport
If you think you do not need any of the support listed but have other support needs, we would be happy to discuss these with you. If you feel unsure, we can also support you to determine your own personal support needs during the referral process.