|About||Serving 6th-12th grade students in Manatee County|
|Mission||To provide Mentors, Scholarships and Hope|
Take Stock in Children was established in 1995 as a non-profit organization in Florida that provides a unique opportunity for low-income and at-risk students, many from minority families, to escape the cycle of poverty through education. We offer our students college scholarships, caring volunteer mentors and hope for a better life. Our comprehensive services start in middle school, continue through high school and include their transition into college.
Our program is based on the principal that given extensive support, motivation and accountability, children will work hard to ensure that they graduate from high school and attain a college degree. We fund our college scholarships and student services through a unique public-private fund raising model, and our mentors generously volunteer their mentoring services to our children.
Take Stock in Children’s multi-year commitment to at-risk children throughout our state is also an investment in the communities in which our students live. We know that the education of a child is an investment in their future and the assured way of breaking the cycle of poverty. Our goal is to continue to reduce the number of high school drop-outs and to increase the number of students who finish college and enter the workforce successfully.
Since our inception in 1995, Take Stock in Children has demonstrated its success and sustainability by delivering life changing results for our students.
Highlights of our results are as follows:
• Take Stock in Children has served over 16,000 children throughout 67 counties in Florida
• Take Stock in Children has over $109 million in Florida Prepaid Foundation scholarship assets
• Take Stock in Children has generated over 1,000,000 mentor volunteer hours and currently has over 7,500 mentors
• Take Stock in Children’s current student population consists of over 65% of minority children
• Take Stock in Children is funded from both the private and public sector
Please join us as a mentor, volunteer