|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Tamarack specializes in the rescue, treatment and release of injured, orphaned and sick wildlife. http://tamarackwildlife.org|
Tamarack's main goals are:
1. To provide care and medical treatment to injured, orphaned or ill wildlife in order to return them to their natural habitat.
2. To promote the best interests of wildlife and humans through public education
Each year tamarack admits hundreds of wild patients in the hopes of seeing them released back to the wild. We rely on generosity of volunteers and donors to keep our doors open. We receive no government funding.
Why Wildlife Rehabilitation?
• Licensed rehabilitators have the skills and knowledge to treat wild animals.
• You must be licensed to rehabilitate wildlife in Pennsylvania.
• We encourage public interest in the conservation of our wild resources.
• We inform the public about the impact wildlife and people have upon each other.
• We work with threatened and endangered species in the hopes of improving local populations.