Do not use this page to report fires.
In an emergency call triple zero (000).
For other fire info call 1800 000 699 or go to www.fire.tas.gov.au
The Tasmania Fire Service (TFS), the operational arm of the State Fire Commission, was created in 1979 through the amalgamation of the State Fire Authority, the Rural Fires Board and 22 urban fire brigade boards.
The TFS includes over 230 fire brigades across Tasmania and its islands. These fire brigades are comprised of around 250 career firefighters and approximately 4800 volunteer firefighters.
The TFS today is a dynamic and diverse organisation undertaking;
• emergency response,
• emergency call handling and dispatch,
• fire investigation,
• community fire education,
• building safety,
• fire equipment sales and service,
• building and maintaining TFS vehicles,
• maintaining a State-wide communications network, and
• fire alarm monitoring.
Please do not post messages that contain:
1. Anything that could be considered prejudicial, off-topic, inflammatory, repetitive, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, denigrating or otherwise inappropriate;
2. Swearing or abusive, racist, homophobic or sexist remarks or obscenities or sexually explicit comments or material;
3. Personal attacks against other users, members of the public or members of TFS and all other government agencies;
4. Vigilante or 'call to action' comments;
5. Speculation or comments about the cause of a fire. It is inappropriate to discuss matters that are or yet to be before the courts, or the legislation or potential sentences related to these matters;
6. Personal or sensitive information about others. Divulging any information regarding victims of fire can be distressing for them and their family members;
7. Reposts of other people's appeals, requests for offers, or anything else that could be considered spam;