|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Foxton’s much anticipated tourism and community services centre, Te Awahou Nieuwe has bought the Foxton Attractions on Faxmill Reserve|
The opening of Te Awahou Niwe Stroom weaves community groups together.
Foxton’s much anticipated tourism and community services centre, Te Awahou Nieuwe has bought the Foxton Attractions on Faxmill reserve together.
Groups have come together and will market themselves as Te Awahou Riverside Cultural Park which features experiences, activities and facilities for all the family – exhibitions, play areas, shopping, library, art, cafes, interactive displays, free wifi …
What’s at Te Awahou Riverside Cultural Park?
Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom, our cultural tourism and community facility
• Piriharakeke Generation Inspiration Centre – Māori museum, gallery and learning centre
• Oranjehof Dutch Connection Centre – national Dutch museum
• Foxton Hub – local heritage and natural environment, Foxton library, kids’ activity area
• Temporary exhibition gallery
• Council services and bookable meeting rooms
• Millside cafe and retail outlets
• Foxton iSite
Other visitor attractions and businesses
• De Molen Windmill and Dutch Market
• Whare Manaaki Māori Gallery and Workshop
• Foxton Flax Stripper Museum
• Dutch Oven Cafe
• Foxton Horse-Drawn Tram
From the park there is easy access to a range of local attractions such as MAVtech (Museum of Audio Visual Technology), Wind Warrior Kite Sports at Foxton Beach, historic sites and some really great second hand shops.
There is easy access to walkways, the river, estuary (which has international wetland RAMSAR status for its unique habitat and birdlife) and Foxton beach.
All tourists are looking for real authentic hands on experiences and that is what they will get at Te Awahou Riverside Cultural Park.
Find out more about each attraction and opening hour at