|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Leading the fight to treat and cure ALS through global research and nationwide advocacy while also empowering people with Lou Gehrig's Disease and their families to live fuller lives by providing them with compassionate care and support.|
|Mission||The mission of The ALS Association, Greater Philadelphia Chapter, is to lead the fight to cure and treat ALS through global, cutting edge research and to empower people with Lou Gehrig's Disease and their families to live fuller lives by providing them with compassionate care and support.|
Thank you for connecting with us on Facebook! The purpose of this page is to establish an online community where people with ALS, family members, caregivers and friends can interact amongst themselves and with our organization in a positive environment.
The ALS Association strives to be the best resource for all people who are facing Lou Gehrig’s Disease. We value comments and feedback from everyone and want our presence on Facebook to inspire thoughtful conversations. We want our Facebook page to be an open forum and kindly ask that you review our community guidelines, below. Should posts or comments fall into any of these categories, we reserve the right to remove them.
1. Solicitation or advertising of products or services.
Please refrain from advertising products, services or other such information on our page, particularly if they refer to non-FDA approved treatments or devices.
2. Offers or solicitations for used or unused durable medical equipment (DME) (hoyer lifts, shower stands, walkers, etc.) or unused prescription medication due to potential liability or sanitation-related issues.
3. Posts containing profanity. Profane or offensive language will be omitted from posts and comments.
4. Posts requesting we endorse a survey.
Surveys will remain on our page only if we have officially approved, vetted and confirmed the methodology for a particular survey. We wouldn’t want you to think we have endorsed a survey that we know nothing about.
5. Posts requesting support for a petition. Unless the petition has been officially vetted, we cannot endorse third party requests to endorse a particular cause.
6. Personnel-related issues. If you have concerns regarding staff or volunteers of The ALS Association, please submit information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Patient privacy issues.
We serve thousands of people living with ALS through our chapters, Certified Centers and clinics. Information gathered from these pe