|About||Serendipitous country public house with welcoming staff, character rooms, candlelight, open fires, real ales, popular foods and fantastic sunsets.|
|Food styles||British, Diners, French, Seafood, Steakhouses, Tapas Bars, Vegetarian|
|Restaurant specialties||Coffee, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch|
|Restaurant services||Groups, Kids, Outdoor, Reserve, Waiter, Walkins|
A 17th Century former smugglers haunt, this is pretty little pub in a lovely marshland setting with tables and benches on the front terrace and in the back garden alongside the riverbank.
Inside, it's very easy-going and chatty. The main bar has hop-draped painted beams, a green dado, stools against the bar where they serve a beer called Oxney Ale specially brewed for the pub by Westerham Brewery. Other popular beers also include Harvey’s Best, Sharps Doom Bar and Guest Beers on handpumps.
To the right is a cosy eating area with wheelback chairs, ideal for a banquette with friends around a few long tables, a log fire in the inglenook and candles in scones on the walls to either side.
To the left of the main door is a dining area with big blackboards on red walls displaying the menus, including Starters, Mains, and the Ferry Pub Classics, a woodburning stove under a large bressumer beam and high-backed light wooden dining chairs around assorted tables.
Up a couple of steps you will find the restaurant with modern chandeliers. Throughout, there are wooden floors, all sorts of pictures and framed maps, a stuffed fish, beer flagons, an old musket and various brasses.
Winter Menu served December 2013 – February 2014 includes;
• Rye Bay Scallops Pan Seared, with garlic and parsley butter and lightly dressed frissie top lettuce £8.95
• Pan Seared Local Wood Pigeon, warm almonds, winter berries and soft boiled quail eggs £7.45
• Sharing Boards & Tapas £9.95 - £15.95
• ‘Marsh Lamb’ Three Ways; Lightly Spiced Rump, Seared Cutlet, Roast Noisette, served with roasted baby vegetables and caramelized onion potato cake £20.95
• The Ferry’s own Prime Fillet & Chorizo Burger, with sauerkraut and tomato chutney, wrapped in a toasted tortilla, handcut beef dripping chips, salad gherkins and bbq glazed Corn organic salad £12.95
• Locally caught catch of the day from Dungeness
• Daily Specials Menu
There is a daily specials menu, which includes changing dishes such as;
|General manager||Paul Withers-Green|