|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The San Francisco Bay Area Green Chamber of Commerce believes that together, we can build an honest economy.|
The Green Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to championing triple bottom line business - people, planet, and profit - on the local and state level.
How we accomplish our mission:
Through a growing network of regional Green Chambers, the Green Chamber of Commerce brings together green businesses within their communities, and promotes the mutual success of those businesses by:
1. Promoting a national standard that defines what it means to be a green business.
2. Verifying that members meet that standard.
3. Linking member businesses with other like-minded businesses and consumers in their communities.
4. Advocating for public policy that supports green businesses.
The Green Chamber of Commerce will:
• Strengthen the voice and political influence of businesses united to create green public policy and a sustainable economy.
• Actively work to conserve natural resources, eliminate dependence on fossil fuels and reverse global warming.
• Extend the ideas, best practices and influence of green businesses large and small.
• Increase awareness of the unprecedented opportunities in the emerging green economy.
• Promote the interests of businesses that are committed to measuring their success in terms of benefit to people, planet and profit.
• Work with existing organizations in their efforts to create green, sustainable business models.
• Help businesses and the general public learn what they can do to support a healthy environment.
• Provide networking opportunities for green businesses.
• Provide promotional opportunities for members
• Encourage awareness of the relationship between social responsibility and green business practices.
|Description||GCC members are concentrated in the San Francisco Bay Area.|
|Awards||Top 10 Women In Sustainable Sector Award, CleanTechies - Given to Executive Director Stacie Shepp for her work on behalf of her work with the Green Chamber in 2011. http://blog.cleantechies.com/2012/02/21/top-10-women-of-sustainability/|
|Products||Our member businesses are in all industries, producing a wide variety of products and services. Check out our members at www.greenchamberofcommerce.net/members/|