|Work hours||Add information|
The San Francisco Bay Area Green Chamber of Commerce believes that together, we can build an honest economy.
The Green Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to championing triple bottom line business - people, planet, and profit - on the local and state level.
How we accomplish our mission:
Through a growing network of regional Green Chambers, the Green Chamber of Commerce brings together green businesses within their communities, and promotes the mutual success of those businesses by:
1. Promoting a national standard that defines what it means to be a green business.
2. Verifying that members meet that standard.
3. Linking member businesses with other like-minded businesses and consumers in their communities.
4. Advocating for public policy that supports green businesses.
The Green Chamber of Commerce will:
• Strengthen the voice and political influence of businesses united to create green public policy and a sustainable economy.
• Actively work to conserve natural resources, eliminate dependence on fossil fuels and reverse global warming.
• Extend the ideas, best practices and influence of green businesses large and small.
• Increase awareness of the unprecedented opportunities in the emerging green economy.
• Promote the interests of businesses that are committed to measuring their success in terms of benefit to people, planet and profit.
• Work with existing organizations in their efforts to create green, sustainable business models.
• Help businesses and the general public learn what they can do to support a healthy environment.
• Provide networking opportunities for green businesses.
• Provide promotional opportunities for members
• Encourage awareness of the relationship between social responsibility and green business practices.
GCC members are concentrated in the San Francisco Bay Area.
|Awards||Top 10 Women In Sustainable Sector Award, CleanTechies - Given to Executive Director Stacie Shepp for her work on behalf of her work with the Green Chamber in 2011. http://blog.cleantechies.com/2012/02/21/top-10-women-of-sustainability/|
|Products||Our member businesses are in all industries, producing a wide variety of products and services. Check out our members at www.greenchamberofcommerce.net/members/|