|About||The Kindergarten is a small sized nursery based in the Methodist Hall Chapel Lane, Fawley. We use Montessori and Specialist Educational materials.|
The Kindergarten is a small preschool in Fawley, caring for children between 2 years and 5 years of age. Our small class sizes allow a greater degree of ”one to one” learning. A lot of focus is placed on creative, multi-cultural and musical play including regular Ballet and Yoga classes. As we realise children benefit from experiences outdoors, we offer weekly Welly Sessions, and provide outdoor opportunities beyond our garden gate. When possible, children are taken around the church yard, along Chapel Lane and to nearby woodland to experience nature.
The staff at The Kindergarten knows that the first 5 years in a child’s life are absolutely crucial to their development. Within our setting we understand that your child is different from the other children and special in their own way, which is why our staff ensures all children are treated as individuals with their own ideas and challenges. We understand that your family circumstances may not be the same as those of other children and therefore care for the family as a whole. Our key persons aim to build an efficient partnership with you to ensure we are all working towards the same outcomes.
The experiences we offer include:
• Daily outdoor play allowing your child to develop their gross-motor skill and challenge them as well as encourage them to take “safe” risks
• Develop a healthy lifestyle through healthy balanced meals and exercise
• Lots of encouragement from staff for your child to build relationships with adults and other children in the setting
• Your child will be treated as an individual allowing them to develop their sense of self-esteem and well-being
• Activities to develop your child’s attention and listening skills, their understanding and to develop their spoken language
• Support for your child in developing physical independence, this includes toilet training and self-care skills
• Preparing your child for school through additional activities such as maths and literacy to a level that is appro
|Founded||Jo Potter 1998|