|Work hours||Add information|
|About||A membership based group that represents and supports professional Marine Mammal Observers and Passive Acoustic Monitoring Operators around the world.|
MMOA aims to works with industry, government agencies, non government organisations (NGO's) and academics to improve the profession's effectiveness by:
* Developing professional competency.
* Improving collection and use of data.
* Assimilating field experience and knowledge of MMOs.
* Providing a collective voice for MMOs.
* Promoting the MMO profession in the offshore industry.
* Improving protection for marine mammals.
The Marine Mammal Observer Association (MMOA) is a non-profit membership-based global affiliation, set up in 2008, which represents and supports professional Marine Mammal Observers (MMOs) including Passive Acoustic Monitoring (PAM) Operators who implement mitigation measures to protect marine life during industry operations.
The Marine Mammal Observer Association (MMOA) provides the MMO industry with a professional affiliation which will seek to inform and represent members' interests. The ultimate aim being to improve and increase the effectiveness of marine mammal mitigation and environmental protection.
|Awards||Receives support from JNCC, GeoMotive, GeoGuide and from Thomson Unicomarine.|