|Work hours||Add information|
Let Everyone See
|Mission||Providing opportunity for every blind person to gain sight & for the permanently blind to live a full life.|
RATIONALE OF THE PROJECT VISION
|Awards||He was conferred National Award from Government of India which was received from President Abdul Kalam in 2003, Mother Award for selfless service in 2012 and Best Citizen of Bangalore Award from NammaBenguluru Foundation in 2013.|
|Founded||The idea of The Project Vision was conceived by Fr. George Kannanthanam.|
• Running a campaign, focused on Bangalore to promote donation of eyes, leading to a total eye donation status for Bangalore and eventually for Karnataka and rest of the country/world.
• Creating a system and infrastructure for donation of eyes and for transplantation like eye banks and transplant centers.
• Training of doctors and Para medicals to engage in eye harvesting and transplant.
• Implementing a program for cataract identification and operations.
• Creating facilities for persons with blindness to improve their conditions of living and access to basic needs.
• Promoting their talents in art and culture.
• Awareness and advocacy work to promote their rights.
• Care of destitute persons with blindness.
• Establishing training centres for professional training.