"Taking the classroom to the countryside" since 1999
0131 335 6227
RHET currently takes over 17,000 children out to farms each academic year and providing over 27,000 children with a classroom speaker talk. RHET interfaces with one in eight of Scottish schoolchildren.
We aim to have this at 1 in 4 by 2020.
RHET looks to provide the opportunity for every child in Scotland to learn about food, farming and the countryside, and to create a wider understanding of the environmental, economic and social realities of rural Scotland.
This is achieved through a number of key activities:
- Farm visits and outdoor education events across Scotland
- Classroom speaker talks by volunteer farmers
- Providing free educational resource materials for schools
- Competitions and projects for schools, e.g. Grow your own soup & Farmhouse Breakfast Week
- Training farmers, volunteers and teachers in the delivery of information relating to food and farming
- The Royal Highland Show education programme
|Awards||Scottish Rural Awards 2016 - Education|