|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Hosting some of Pittsburgh’s most memorable weddings since 1923, the University Club is able to cater to the needs of couples with unmatched quality and standards.|
The University Club, designed by architect Henry Hornbostel, is an eight story building owned by the University of Pittsburgh. Completed in 1923, it is a contributing property to the Schenley Farms National Historic District.
After the club ceased operations in November 2004, the University of Pittsburgh purchased the building for #3.1 million in 2005 for use as a faculty and staff club, conference center and banquet and event facility.
Following the acquisition of the University Club, the University of Pittsburgh conducted a $20.2 million renovation.
The building features a grand lobby with curved staircase, 2 ballrooms, 600 pound crystal chandelier, tall ceilings, library room and rooftop terrace.