|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Village hall with theatre, sports hall, meeting rooms, bar, kitchen... Venue for weddings, parties, live music, theatre, comedy, local clubs & classes.|
Thorner Victory Hall and Institute (to give us our full name) was opened in 1924 as a memorial to the villagers who lost their lives in the First World War.
It is set on the edge of the village next to rolling wooded countryside and rural footpaths.
The building cost of £4,000 was raised by the people of Thorner with the land being donated by Lord Mexborough whose family were, and still are, major landowners in the area.
Thorner Victory Hall is a registered charity (number 1021891) and is run on behalf of the village by a management committee whose members give up their time to ensure it is used as widely possible.