Todds Tavern, Virginia is an unincorporated community in Spotsylvania County and was the site of the Battle of Todds Tavern. It was the focal point of a cavalry battle on May 7 - 8, 1864, between the battles of the Wilderness and Spotsylvania Court House during the American Civil War. The Tavern location on Brock Road carried the name of Charles Todd who died about 1850. According to historian Noel Harrison's research, the Todd family had sold the property around 1845 to Flavius Josephus Ballard who then re-sold the property in 1869. The intersection where the tavern stood still maintains the name "Todd's Tavern". Today there is a convenience store at the crossroads where the original tavern sat.