We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Read more…
Trails End Saloon

Trails End Saloon

1320 Main St, Oregon City (OR), 97045, United States

Get Directions

(503) 656-3031

Categories
Now OPEN
Work hours
MO 10:00 – 22:00 SA 09:00 – 02:00
TU 10:00 – 22:00 SU 09:00 – 22:00
WE 10:00 – 00:00
TH 10:00 – 00:00
FR 10:00 – 02:00
About Great food and drinks! Come in to enjoy some great local music 6 days a week!!
Food styles American (Traditional), Breakfast, Burgers
Restaurant specialties Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch
Restaurant services Catering, Groups, Kids, Reserve, Takeout, Waiter, Walkins
Trails End Saloon cover
Description Enjoy the history of our fine establishment:

Trails End Saloon occupies the historic structure built circa 1880-1885 as Freytags Grocery. Today's parking lot was a residence for the original occupant.

An old tunnel still exists below which was used to transport freight brought up and down river by sternwheelers. An underground entrance led from this building, under the parking lot and down to the nearby Willamette River. Local folklore describes "other" uses for the tunnels in the old days, best left to the imagination.

The current building still offers nostalgic charm such as a dimly lit dark wood bar, ceiling fans run by a conveyor system, and original wagon wheels.

In 1905, this building was the site of a major fire. It was rebuilt into what you see today - the last square nailed, wooden frame, lap-sided structure on Main Street.

1910......The McAnulty Brothers bought it and re-named it McAnultys' Grocery.

1940's ....Known as "Sams' Place" around the time of WWII. Sam was an Asian-American and served Chinese food.

1950's .... During the Korean War years, known as "Pats' Inn". We don't know much about Pat, but older customers were delighted to see someone put the bar back along the 14th street side of the building.

1972 ..... The Holladays became the proprietors and renamed the bar "The Spotted Skunk". They did a lot of remodeling - false ceilings, covered windows, archways. A few years later they changed the name again to "Doc Holladays".

1992 ..... Dan and Jean Mountjoy purchased the building, began the restoration process, and renamed the business "The Trails End Saloon".

1997 ..... Tom and Debbie Snyder purchased the business - HOME OF THE BLUES!!!

2013 ..... Eric Hallingstad purchased the saloon and made renovations.

2014 ...... Mark Temple is now the owner of Trails End Saloon.
General manager Mark Temple

Similar places nearby