|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Mercer County, New Jersey's Ecumenical Voice for the Poor|
|Mission||Our mission is to serve the community through collaboration with our member organizations and other community agencies.|
|Description||Founded in 1941 as the Council of Churches of Greater Trenton, the Trenton Ecumenical Area Ministry (TEAM) is a broad-based Christian ministry that serves as Mercer County’s ecumenical voice for the poor. TEAM functions as an intermediary organization by facilitating the community outreach efforts of faith- and community-based organizations. Specifically, TEAM provides financial and technical assistance to agencies (such as congregations, community development corporations and social service agencies) that serve at-risk populations, including inner-city youth and their families.|
|Awards||In 2007, the National Council of Churches and the Church World Service awarded TEAM their coveted Award of Excellence, in recognition of the organization's many years of service on behalf of the hungry.|
TEAM accomplishes its mission through a variety of events and programs:
• Christian Unity Breakfast – Sponsored by a different congregation each January, the breakfast brings together member churches from throughout Mercer County.
• Black History Lunch – Convened annually at Blessed Sacrament Church/Our Lady of Divine Shepherd, the luncheon celebrates the achievements of the past while encouraging the leaders of tomorrow.
• Community Information Breakfasts – Conducted as a public service to inform and update the community on issues of importance.
• Empowering Youth Options (EYO) – Encourages youth entrepreneurship while providing workshops on a broad range of life issues.
• Healing Communities (HC) – As part of a multi-state initiative funded by the Annie E. Casey Foundation, Healing Communities trains religious communities to better serve congregants who are impacted by crime, incarceration and prisoner re-entry. (See the Healing Communities website at www.healingcommunitiesusa.org)
• Annual Awards Dinner – Our annual fundraiser, the awards dinner honors unsung heroes who serve the community.
• Summer Program for Children and Youth - Provides supplemental funds to assist churches that run summer outreach programs for children and youth.
• CROP Walk – Sponsored locally by TEAM, the CROP Walk is a program of the Church World Service (CWS), the social service arm of the National Council of Churches. Funds raised help support the work of Mt. Carmel Guild, the Salvation Army, and Mobile Meals of Trenton and Ewing, as well as helping CWS to distribute food to disparate places throughout the country and around the globe.
• Food for the Hungry – Provides holiday food packages for the poor, which are distributed to congregationally-based food pantries.