Official Facebook page of the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI)
Page Facebook officielle de l'Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI)
The UCI’s mission is to develop and promote cycling, in close collaboration with National Federations, be it as a competition sport and its associated values (effort, well-being and fair play), as a healthy recreational activity or as a means of transport.
The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) is the World governing body for the sport of cycling recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The UCI was founded in Paris in 1900, its headquarters are located at the World Cycling Centre in Aigle, Switzerland.
The UCI administers and promotes the development of the eight disciplines of cycling all around the world (road, track, mountain bike, BMX, para-cycling, cyclo-cross, trials and indoor cycling). Over the last 10 years, the UCI has intensified its development activities on all five continents.
In particular, the UCI:
• organises the UCI World Championships and the UCI World Cups;
• collaborates with the IOC to organise the cycling events of the Olympic Games;
• sets the dates of races on the International Calendar;
• establishes the regulations for the cycling disciplines;
• develops the disciplines of cycling around the world;
• organises training programmes;
• fights against doping.