|About||Join us on Sundays for worship service with Rev. McWilliam Colon.|
Our Church is:
* a Christ centered, prayer focused community, worshipping God, alive with the holy spirit
* a fellowship or healing, loving, learning, rediscovery, and sharing the Gospel of salvation
* an accepting church community reaching out to everyone, fashioned after Christ’s love and God’s grace.
Traditional English worship service is Sundays at 9:30am
Sunday School is held during the 9:30am service September through June.
Spanish worship service is Sundays at 12:30pm.
Our church was organized in 1847, originally built on Main St. In 1848 the United Methodist Church of Bound Brook was dedicated by Bishop E.S. Jones. By 1853, the church had 53 members. Major improvements were made by 1896, including the installation of a pipe organ.
After being relocated for a short amount of time to West Second St., the church found its current home on Livingston Ave. in 1915. At that time, the sanctuary was on the second floor, the Sunday School was on the first floor, and the basement was an unfinished coal bin.
Construction of our current sanctuary began in 1953, and was consecrated in 1954. As a result of the new sanctuary, the Sunday School classrooms were moved to the second floor of Wesley Hall, the first floor was divided into our current parlor, choir room and nursery. The "coal bin" basement was turned into a kitchen and a fellowship hall.
On 2/27/1966, Asbury Hall was consecrated to provide a new fellowship hall with a stage and kitchen in the upper level, and educational classrooms in the lower level.
In 2008, the basement of Wesley Hall was turned into our Wesley Thrift Shop. Our Thrift Shop is open every Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and donations are accepted Thursdays from 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m..