|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Students, faculty and university administrators are invited to support their institutions in enrollment to the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) and to initiate activities in support of its objectives. For more info: http://outreach.un.org/unai/|
- To bring into association with the United Nations, and with each other, institutions of higher learning throughout the world.
- To provide a mechanism for such institutions to commit themselves to the fundamental precepts driving the United Nations mandate, in particular the realisation of the universally determined Millennium Development Goals.
- To serve as a viable point of contact for ideas and proposals relevant to the United Nations mandate.
- To promote the direct engagement of institutions of higher education in programmes, projects and initiatives relevant to this mandate.
|Description||DISCLAIMER: The United Nations does not guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or validity of any comments posted to its social media outlets (blogs, social networks, message boards/forums, etc.). Users must not post any content that is obscene, defamatory, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to any person or entity. We reserve the right to delete or edit any comments that it considers inappropriate or unacceptable, or that do not relate to the original post.|
|Founded||The United Nations Academic Impact has been endorsed by 41 international networks and more than 750 institutions (http://academicimpact.org/currentmemberlist.pdf). It was formally launched on 18 and 19 November, 2010, by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.|
The above mission produced 10 universally accepted principles to which higher education institutions should commit, when enrolling to UNAI. These are our 'products', the ideals we wish to export, and they are listed below:
1) Commitment to the United Nations Charter
2) Human Rights
3) Educational opportunity for all
4) Higher education opportunities for every interested individual
5) Capacity-building in higher education systems
6) Global citizenship
7) Peace and conflict resolution
8) Addressing poverty
10) Inter-cultural dialogue
Students, faculty and university administrators are invited to support their institutions in enrolment to the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) and to initiate activities in support of its objectives. Whatever you choose to do we want to hear about it! Email us at email@example.com