|Work hours||Add information|
The UN Global Compact is the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative.
The United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to voluntarily align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals and issues.
The Ten Principles:
* Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
* Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
* Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
* Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
* Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
* Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
* Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
* Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
* Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
* Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
The UN Global Compact is the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative, helping to align business with Ten Principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to catalyze actions in support of broader UN goals.