|Work hours||Add information|
The UN Global Compact is the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative.
The United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to voluntarily align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals and issues.
The Ten Principles:
* Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
* Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
* Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
* Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
* Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
* Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
* Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
* Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
* Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
* Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
|Description||The UN Global Compact is the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative, helping to align business with Ten Principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to catalyze actions in support of broader UN goals.|