|About||This is the official U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria - Garmisch Community Facebook page, a place to connect, share, and tell us what you think.|
|Mission||The USAG Bavaria installation in Garmisch includes Sheridan Barracks and Artillery Kaserne. USAG Bavaria - Garmisch Community supports three mission partners: the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies at Sheridan Kaserne, the NATO School in nearby Oberammergau, and the Armed Forces Recreation Center. The garrison also supports numerous smaller units and facilities spread across Southern Bavaria.|
The official source of information about the Bavaria Military Community is available at https://home.army.mil/bavaria.
While we respect and fight to defend the individual’s right to free speech and expression, all comments and submissions are reviewed to ensure they are in keeping with Army values.
This official garrison Facebook page is administered during regular business hours between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, except on U.S. Federal Holidays. During those times, our administrators are committed to responding to queries in about two hours.
The USAG Bavaria Public Affairs Office reserves the right not to publish submitted material from community members based on the intent of this virtual community and the guidelines listed below. We also reserve the right to take down material.
Submission of Facebook material constitutes consent of command policy. Those comments or submissions that fail to abide by these rules will not be posted:
1. Cyberbullying will not be tolerated. If you verbally attack other members or groups, via private message or via any service connected to our network, you will be banned.
2. An informed community is a ready community. The dissemination of false or otherwise harmful information may be subject to removal. Posts violating OPSEC will be removed.
3. We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions, nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
4. We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes improper promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
5. We use Facebook as a public forum. Facebook private messaging is not an official method of communication. The USAG Bavaria Public Affairs Office is not responsible for monitoring or replying to Facebook private messages.
6. We do n