The Environment Students Society (ESS) exists for undergraduate Environment students. ESS governs all undergraduate Environment student committees, clubs, associations and services including:
- Environment and Resource Studies Students Association (ERSSA)
- Knowledge Integration Students Society (KISS)
- Planning Students Association (PSA)
- Student Association for International Development (SAID)
- Waterloo Association of Geography Students (WAGS)
- Waterloo Environment and Business Students (WEBS)
- The Environment Students' Coffee Shop
As well as a supportive role with the Waterloo Environment Students Endowment Fund (WESEF)
The ESS is responsible for:
* Promoting the interests of all undergraduate Environment students,
* The formation and oversight of undergraduate student associations, clubs, committees and services within the Faculty of Environment,
* The encouragement of communication between all Environment students, organizations, programs, and other faculties,
* To co-ordinate, assist and run events for Environment students.
* To fully represent all Environment students and their interests to other organizations, including the University of Waterloo administration, the Federation of Students, and all others that are deemed relevant to ESS.