|Work hours||Add information|
|About||A volunteer agency that provides medical and trauma assistance to over 23,000 residents and to over 75,000 visitors that come to Vernon each year.|
|Mission||Vernon Township Ambulance Squad is designed to provide emergency services for all residents and guests of the township free of charge.|
March 15, 1964
First Organizational Meeting is held
March 22, 1964
Second Organizational Meeting is held
Other interesting facts about the history of the Vernon Township
· John Seckler donated land in Highland Lakes to build an ambulance building.
· In the year 1963, seven men founded the Vernon Township Ambulance Squad Inc #1 and formed the charter.
Those men were:
· When the VTAS was started, only the Highland Lakes area was served. A few months later, they found they needed to cover the rest of the Township.
· In the old days you sat by the phone to get a call. This was dedication to our community.
· The requirement was First Aid, childbirth, C.P.R., defensive driving, and extraction.
· As time went on, the need for a building in the Valley became evident. Robert Baldwin Sr. donated the land on Rt. 94, behind the Dairy Queen.
Our members have a variety of certifications and are trained in many areas such as:
-CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
-EMT-B (Emergency Medical Technician)
-Search and Rescue
-ICS 100 (Incident Command System)
-NIMS 700 (National Incident Management System)
-CEVO (Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator)
-TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care)
-PHTLS (PreHospital Trauma Life Support)
-ITLS (International Trauma Life Support)
- And Many Many More!!
|Founded||Parker Adelberg, Frank Altamura, Kenneth Cleveland, John Leeds, Howard McGuire, Jack Reeth, Dalton Shimko|