|About||Washita Battlefield National Historic Site in Cheyenne, Oklahoma|
|Mission||“Washita Battlefield National Historic Site interprets the struggle between the Southern Great Plains Indian tribes and the United States Government as demonstrated by the tragic events at the Washita and how that struggle forever altered a culture and a nation.”|
The site protects and interprets the setting along the Washita River where Lt. Col. George A. Custer led the 7th U.S. Cavalry on a surprise dawn attack against the Southern Cheyenne village of Peace Chief Black Kettle on November 27, 1868. The attack was an important event in the tragic clash of cultures of the Indian Wars era.
Welcome to Washita Battlefield National Historic Site Facebook Page (or other social media site). We hope this will become a place where fans feel comfortable sharing information and experiences about Washita Battlefield National Historic Site with one another.
• While this is an open forum, it is also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean. Please be considerate of other people's opinions. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. If you do not comply, your message will be removed.
• We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions, nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
• We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Such posts and/or links are subject to deletion. People who continue to post such content and/or links may be subject to page participation restrictions and/or removal from the page.
• We do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
• We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
• You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
• Posting of external links on this site that are intended as advertising (or to drive traffic to websites unrelated to Washita Battlefield National Historic Site), or do not contribute to dialog and discussions about Washita Battlefield National Historic Site may be deleted. Pe