|Work hours||Add information|
Welcome to the consultation page.
The historic West Block buildings in front of new Parliament House will be restored and re-purposed to a magnificent luxury hotel following Geocon's acquisition of the site from the Commonwealth.
|Description||Designed by architect John Smith Murdoch, West Block was one of the earliest buildings erected in the Parliamentary Triangle of the 'new Federal Capital'. It opened for government use in 1927 as part of the Secretariat buildings and was once home to the National Library, the Crown Solicitor's office and the Australian Electoral Commission. It is currently vacant. The Dugout was a World War II bomb shelter, which was used to code and decode messages between Australian prime minister John Curtin and British prime minister Winston Churchill.|