|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The Whirlwind program is designed to allow students to create useful projects around a central theme, food and fitness, while making new friends and experiencing new things over the summer.|
|Mission||Whirlwind is about learning in action. Exploring the community, discovering what works for kids, and through writing, web creation and video, creating useful products based on the Whirlwind theme.|
When: Weekdays, June 27-August 5, 2011 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Where: Erie Day School
For Whom: Kids ages 10-14, going into grades 6, 7, or 8.
Cost: $60 for the 6 week program. Scholarship and transportation assistance are available.
Some program features include:
• Producing a video or booklet about healthy snacking for kids.
• Developing a guide to kid-friendly exercise and fitness resources in Erie.
• Giving advice to schools about healthy lunches that work for kids.
• Writing an Erie restaurant guide from a youth perspective.
• Working with resident artists for music, dance, theater, or the visual arts.
• Swimming, field trips, and sports.
Visit the website listed below for more information or to apply.