LOVING GOD, LOVING OTHERS, SERVING NEIGHBORS AND NATIONS
“The church that I would build would be a community of people who believe The Gospel so much that they actually order their lives around it.” Todd Hunter
WCC MISSION STRATEGY
“You will be my witnesses in (1) Jerusalem and in all (2) Judea and (3) Samaria and to (4) the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
People often ask why we are involved with foreign missions while there are people on our doorstep who need the Gospel. The answer is that Jesus commissioned us to do all of the above at the same time.
To put it another way - if we waited until everyone in our direct community was saved we would never reach the nations.
Worcester City Church is led by a plurality of elders and Clarence Rule is the team leader.
The deacon team assists the elders both specifically and generally.
WCC is served by, and accountable to apostolic men who speak into the lives of the elders as
well as the Church. These men are leaders from the ADVANCE Group of Churches to whom
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. We believe the bible, the Word of God, is inspired by God as it was originally given and is
2. We believe that the bible’s authority is above any idea, opinion and experience, and is the
only acceptable standard for life, ministry and conduct in the church.
3. We believe God the creator has revealed himself as one God, existing eternally in three
persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit; distinguishable but indivisible.
4. We believe the lord Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man, was conceived of the Holy Spirit
and born of the Virgin Mary and is the savior of humanity.
5. We believe God created humanity in his image, but humans rebelled through sin against
God and became spiritually dead, totally depraved and eternally separated from God.
6. We believe Jesus Christ died on the cross as the substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of
humanity. He was buried and then resurrected on the third day, appearing to his disciples.
7. We believe Jesus Christ ascended into heaven, in his exaltation as heavenly high priest and
his personal, literal and bodily return to earth a second time.
8. We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts sinners of sin and reveals Jesus Christ to them so
that by grace, through repentance and faith in the complete work of Jesus Christ crucified;
they will have forgiveness of sin and be spiritually recreated.
9. We believe that the baptism with the Holy Spirit follows the salvation experience and is
evidenced amongst other by speaking in untaught languages. (Acts 19:2-6)
10. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells believers and guides and comforts them through
distributing gifts of t