|Work hours||Add information|
The Official Facebook channel page of WMO, the United Nations’ authoritative voice on weather, climate and water.
Facilitate worldwide cooperation in the establishment of networks of stations for the making of meteorological observations as well as hydrological and other geophysical observations related to meteorology, and to promote the establishment and maintenance of centres charged with the provision of meteorological and related services;
• Promote the establishment and maintenance of systems for the rapid exchange of meteorological and related information;
• Promote standardization of meteorological and related observations and to ensure the uniform publication of observations and statistics;
• Further the application of meteorology to aviation, shipping, water problems, agriculture and other human activities;
• Promote activities in operational hydrology and to further close cooperation between Meteorological and Hydrological Services;
• Encourage research and training in meteorology and, as appropriate, in related fields, and to assist in coordinating the international aspects of such research and training.
World Meteorological Organization - Official United Nations' authoritative voice on weather, climate and water, scientific organization