|Horarios de atencion||Agregar información|
Mission: The Philippine Red Cross brings timely, effective and compassionate humanitarian assistance to the most vulnerable without consideration of nationality, race, creed, gender, social status or political belief.
Vision: The Philippine Red Cross will be the foremost humanitarian organization in the Philippines, in service provided and number of people served.
The Baguio Chapter of the Red Cross started as the Baguio-Benguet Mountain Province Red Cross Chapter with Mrs. Salud Montelibano as the first Chapter Administrator. The office was located at Camp Allen and then moved to the stone market and still later, moved to the Baguio City Hall in 1956. Dr. Teodoro Arvisu was the first Chairman of the Board of Directors.
In 1972, it become the Baguio-Benguet Chapter with the creation of a separate Mountain Province-Kalinga-Apayao-Ifugao Chapter based in Bontoc.
Mrs. Teodora Flores succeeded Mrs. Montelibano as Chapter Administrator and occupied the position from 1947-1977. Mrs. Lucille Foster, wife of the Superintendent of Lepanto Mines in Mankayan, Benguet was elected into the Board of Governors of the Philippine National Red Cross. Under her dynamic leadership, the Chapter soared to great heights as evidenced by the many programs undertaken in the various service components and most especially in the acquisition of its own lot and the eventual construction of the Red Cross building. Her husband harnessed every possible resource, human and material, to help Mrs. Foster in all these. The cornerstone laying was held in simple ceremonies on February 11, 1956 and completion inauguration and occupancy took place six months later on August 5, 1956.
Side by side with the efforts of the Chapter Staff and Board of Directors, a group of lady volunteers who after a training in volunteer work, organized the Specialized Volunteer Services (SVS) which served as the nucleus of Red Cross volunteers who continue to this day to be as a most vital instrument and behind in the success of many Red Cross projects.
The Blood Bank Services was started by Mrs. Foster, sustained and improved by the succeeding Board Chairman. Initially a mere Blood Collection Unit only, the Chapter Blood Service has metamorphosed into a higher Blood Bank Classification with modern equipment such as Blood Bank Refrigerator, Refrigerated Centrifuge, Plasma Fr
|Fundada||April 15, 1947|