|Horarios de atencion||
|Quienes somos||Our priority is to assist children from families which are at the bottom of the Socio-Economic Ladder. They need to be pulled out from the utter hopelessness that poverty brings; platitudes are of no consequence – demonstration of a positive interventio|
|Misión||To enhance the lives of underprivileged rural children through free holistic education, nutrition and healthcare.|
To fight the backwardness of the community that we serve, we have embarked upon a journey of transforming underprivileged children through a nationally affiliated School, PYDS learning Academy. It provides value based learning, holistic education, wholesome nourishment, medical support, hostel facilities to senior students, digital learning aids and exposure. Everything is provided free of cost. The effort is currently helping about 510 economically disadvantaged students, particularly girls. It has brought hope to communities, salvaged potential anti-socials and created possible change makers.
The Institution should however in no way be looked upon as merely a School. The beneficiaries are selected through a well thought process. Children attend School 6 days a week, 10 hours a day & 270 days a year. 4 feeds including fruits are provided every day to students. A well trained faculty, using several well-known partnerships, impart “learning by doing” education.
Post 12th assistance is also provided to deserving children.
• 17th Godfrey Philips Awards for recognition of an exceptional act of Social Courage organised by Phillips India. 2008-09 awarded to the Purkal Youth Development Society.
• Heroes of Uttrakhand Award to the Secretary of the Society in the year 2010 by Hindustan times. The award was given by The Governor of the State.
• In 2011, G.K Swamy Secretary of the Society was awarded the ICS life time Education leadership Award by the Institute of Career Studies, Lucknow. The citation talked of his invaluable contribution in the field of education, his professional vision and dedicated service.
• In 2011, our entry ‘Ped Bacho Dharti ko Swarag Banao’ in the ‘Design for Change Challenge’, was selected as being among the top 20 winning entries. We won from among 2000 school entries from 25 states of India in the year 2011.
• In 2011, The Indian Medical Association honoured G.K.Swamy on the Doctor’s day on 1st July for accomplishing excellence in the field of Social Service.
• Regional Finalist in India Ngo Awards 2011 for transparency and accountability. This is an award given to the NGOs having best governance policies and transparency.
• In 2015, secretary of the Society Mr. G.K.Swamy was awarded the ‘National Gold Karmaveer Chakra 2014-15’ Award and the ‘TVAM Karmaveer Chakra’ Award at a function in Delhi. Both these were meant to recognize his proactive citizenship. The REX conclave that recognized Mr. Swamy was organized by ‘Icongo’, an NGO focused on inspiring solid character among fellow citizens.
• In 2015, the CEO/Secretary of the Society Mr. G.K Swamy won the ‘InsT Radhakrishnan Award 2015’ for outstanding contribution in the field of Education.
• In 2015, PYDS Learning Academy was chosen for a visit by 18 Heads of School for witnessing our unique pedagogic practices that emphasize learning rather than teaching.
• In 2016, the CEO/Secretary of the Society Mr.G.K Swamy was invited to address more than 400 Principals and School Leaders about our ed
|Fundada||1998 (Registered in 2003)|