|À propos de nous||Diwan-Ballubhai School started on 6 Jan 1908 with 102 Students by THE PROPRIETARY HIGH SCHOOL TRUST. Now more than 10000 students are studying right from KG to 12. School never compromised with ethics and it Driven by Values.|
Divan-Ballubhai School was started on 6th Jan 1908 with 102 Students under the name “THE PROPRIETARY HIGH SCHOOL”, at a building in Maskati Market, Ahmedabad, by Shri Jivanlal Divan and Shri Balvantray Thakore. As time passed, the school shifted from Maskati Market building to Belentaine’s Haveli near Tin Darwaza Area in 1912 and later in 1930, at Kankaria. Over the period the school expanded to two campuses, one at Kankaria and another one at Rajnagar, Paldi. In 1952, the then trustees renamed the school from “THE PROPRIETARY HIGH SCHOOL” to “DIVAN BALLUBHAI SCHOOL”. In 2006, the Trust started English medium schools at both the campuses.
Today, more than 10,000 students are studying from KG to Std. 12. The Trust and the Schools has never compromised with ethics and they are value driven.
Our vision is that when the children leave the school they would imbibe with them:
A set of moral values -- honesty, integrity and good judgment.
A complement of basic skills -- linguistic, mathematical, scientific, artistic, physical and social.
An enquiring and discriminating mind and a desire for knowledge, strong self-esteem and high personal expectation, tolerance and respect for others.
To achieve such vision, it is important to understand and appreciate the bond that exists between children, school, parents/home and society at large and we believe in fostering the same.