||Aggiungere le informazioni
The Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception is in Cavendish Street, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, England. It is an active Roman Catholic church in the diocese of Shrewsbury. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building.HistoryThe church was built between 1860 and 1862 to a design by E. W. Pugin. The chancel was added in 1876–77, and was designed by Pugin and Pugin. A planned steeple was not completed. In 1941 the adjacent presbytery was destroyed by bombs, and there was some damage to the east end of the church. The church was restored in 1951 by Reynolds and Sons.