|Orario||Aggiungere le informazioni|
A split site primary school serving the Atworth and Monkton Farleigh communities of Wiltshire.
Atworth: SN12 8HY; Monkton Farleigh: BA15 2QD
Proud, happy learners at the heart of the community.
At Churchfields we strive to nurture every child's gift.
We provide firm foundations for our children to become confident, independent learners.
Churchfields provides the highest standard of education within a safe and caring environment underpinned by the Christian values of friendship, honesty and mutual respect.
Churchfields is a dynamic place which prepares the children for their futures as lifelong learners and happy, active and fulfilled members of society.
Headteacher: Mr Simon Futcher
Chair of Governors: Mrs Shauna Green
Atworth - Mrs Maria Genner
Monkton Farleigh - Miss Michele Pile
Approximate Number on Roll: 150
In 1818 a Sunday School was maintained by Voluntary Subscription at Monkton Farleigh. In 1829 Thomas Burgess, Bishop of Salisbury built a room attached to the Church for use as a Sunday School. By 1833 it was reported that there were three day schools kept by the women at Farleigh, in which eighteen children were educated at the expense of their parents. One of these schools was in the building built by Bishop Burgess. From 1842-63 (the incumbency of Edward Brown) a night school was held in the school built by Bishop Burgess. The pupils were of 14 to 24 years of age and each paid 2/6d (12½ pence) a session in advance. The teachers were the Curate and his wife and John Bishop.
In 1845-6 Mr. Wade Brown (lessee of the Manor) established a school for boys and girls, with a Master and a Mistress. When the Master died, the Rector assumed responsibility for the Boys' School, while Mrs. Wade Brown maintained the girls'. They wore red cloaks, blue gowns, white aprons and collars. In 1848 there were 40 boys in attendance at Bishop Burgess' school (the boys' school). They were taught by a trained but uncertified Master, and the school was supported by the Rector. A further 30 children were clothed and educated at the expense of Mrs. Wade Brown. The Girls' School was maintained after Wade Brown's death by a legacy of £35. The School was held in a cottage opposite Church Farm and continued until 1870. The legacy was conditioned on the continuance of the family in the Manor and lapsed when they left.
In 1870 a School Trust was created and the site conveyed to the Rector with the permission of the Bishop. A National School was provided at a cost of £626, with a building grant of £155 obtained from the State and Voluntary Subscription (raised locally) of £524. 11s. 0d.
The School log book starts on
Our school holds the Healthy Schools award and we are members of the West Wiltshire Sporting Partnership.
In September 2012, Ofsted confirmed we are a good school with outstanding behaviour and safety of pupils.