How can we be creative and effective in dynamic conditions if we tend to automatically apply old thinking habits when searching for new solutions? How can new ideas move forward without effective communication at all levels? Focusing on Operational Excellence, this session will provide an overview of methods to improve team communication and innovation using the Toyota Kata pattern.
Being able to communicate effectively is a critical component to the success of any organization. Having a great idea and not being able to promote it in a way that others can easily support is frustrating to everyone involved. Many times, people and personalities in the workplace clash for what seems like no apparent reason. Often, people are simply not aware of how others prefer to transfer and receive information. While everyone has a unique communication style, but it likely falls under a specific category within a family type. Learn more about why you connect so easily with some, not-so-easily with others, and how you can improve interactions with all.
The Toyota Kata Pattern is a high-powered, potentially low-effort method to overcome any kind of business obstacle. It can be applied on the manufacturing floor, in the office, and every place in between. No special knowledge of LEAN or any specialized field, tools or supplies are required – just a willingness to be receptive to another way of thinking.
You'll leave with the ability to:
• List strengths and weaknesses of each communication style
• Describe strategies to best interact with other styles and how to modify your own behavior
• Identify other’s communication styles without being intrusive
• Apply a systematic pattern of improvement
• Recognize failure as a positive and how to use failure as an advantage
• Understand how a pattern of failures can lead to very rapid results to meet a target condition