|Orario||Aggiungere le informazioni|
|Chi siamo||The Him Jyoti School is a residential school for bright girls from socio-economically deprived families of Uttarakhand.|
• To carry forward the vision by generating awareness for need for such ventures and raising funds to sustain the school.
• To plan and create the required infrastructure in suitable phases.
• To plan an outreach program in order to contact deserving families and make available quality education to a larger group of such students, as well as evolving a system of improving teaching skills of teachers in the state in a distance learning format .
• To put in place a child friendly testing procedure to identity deserving students in the state.
• To put in place appropriate academic systems for curriculum planning, teaching, co- curricular activities, assessment, reporting to parents and sponsors.
• To put in place adequate systems for health-care and hygiene, value education through "LEARNING by DOING" as part of the Student Management Committees (SMCs), e-learning for "Life Long Learning", hobby centre, vocational education, sports and games, cultural activities, fine arts & crafts, leisure and entertainment, medical back up & referral tie up and procedures for evaluation and reporting to parents and sponsors .
• To put in place a program for monitoring and training the academic and other staff for the special requirements of a good and caring boarding school .
• To identify adequate back- up and hand-holding systems to take the vision forward.
• To give support to students to make appropriate transition from secondary to tertiary education after completing school.
The Him Jyoti Foundation established in 2005 by H.E. Sudarshan Agarwal, then Governor of Uttarakhand, envisages a society replete with dignity, equality and purposeful education to deserving students of the State.
The Him Jyoti School, a bold and ambitious initiative of the newly founded Himalayan School Society, is a residential school for bright girls from socio-economically deprived families of Uttarakhand. The school was established in 2005, with 15 girls and one teacher. A rented building in DehraDun served as the first premises for the school.
Thereafter, a state-of-the-art campus has been set up on a 10 acre plot of land, allotted by the State Government. The building was completed in 2007 and inaugurated in October 2007 by the Chief Minister General Khanduri in the presence of H.E. Sri Sudarshan Agarwal. The school is equipped with the finest furniture and equipment, laboratories, activity centre, playgrounds and a hostel to accommodate 240 students. The 75000sq.ft. School cum Hostel building is amongst the best facilities in the city of DehraDun.
We currently have 150 girls in Classes V to X. 30 new students are admitted every year in July, after a careful screening process.
The nascent institution is the outcome of concerted support from compassionate individuals, Trusts and Corporate Houses, conscious of their Corporate Social Responsibility. They have contributed generously and ungrudgingly to a noble cause. Besides helping build a corpus fund, many philanthropists have come forward to adopt girls, to support them in their education.
Him Jyoti depends on the continued support of such generous sponsors.