Pennsylvania Barge Club is an amateur rowing club, situated along the historic Boathouse Row of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1861 and joined the Schuylkill Navy in 1865. The Club's boathouse, at #4 Boathouse Row, is also known as the Hollenback House, named for William M. Hollenback, Jr., who served as President of USRowing from 1979 until 1985.Painter Thomas Eakins was most likely a longtime member of Pennsylvania Barge Club. His friend, Max Schmitt, rowed for the club, and won the single sculls championship 6 times.In Schuylkill Navy races, Pennsylvania Barge had 359 entries and 106 victories. Its teams represented the United States in the 1920 (four-with-cox), 1924 (four-with), 1928 (four-with and four-without), and 1932 (pair-with) Olympic Games.As a result of World War II, the club suffered a drastic reduction in membership. In 1955, the Club turned its boathouse over to the Schuylkill Navy. Thereafter, the Pennsylvania Barge Club served as an administrative center for rowing, including serving as Headquarters for the National Association of Amateur Oarsmen, which later became USRowing. The building also housed the Schuylkill Navy, the United States rowing Society (formerly Schuylkill Navy Association), Philadelphia Scholastic Rowing Association, the Middle States Regatta Association, and the Dad Vail Rowing Association.