||Aggiungere le informazioni
The Royal Gwent Hospital is the principal hospital in the city of Newport. It is located on Cardiff Road near Newport city centre. The buildings on the present site were opened on 5 August 1901 on land donated by Godfrey Morgan, 1st Viscount Tredegar.As of 2012 the hospital has more than 3,400 staff and approximately 774 beds, providing a comprehensive range of hospital services for a population of more than 550,000.History1836: The Newport Poor Law Union was formed on 1 August.1839: The Newport Dispensary opened on Llanarth Street on 3 April.1843: Moved to Great Dock Street.1859: Dispensary became known as the Newport Infirmary and Dispensary.1860: Moved to Stow Hill.1867: In-patients received for the first time.1888: Became Newport and County Infirmary.1892: Became the Newport and Monmouthshire Infirmary.1897: Name was changed to the Newport and Monmouthshire Hospital.1901: Moved to Cardiff Road. New buildings opened by Lord Tredegar.1913: Became Royal Gwent Hospital and took over the provision of healthcare in Monmouthshire.